European Project Manager
Project Ahead is a dynamic young organization which seeks to develop entrepreneurship and start ups, mainly in social fields or with a social impact, works to provide socially innovative solutions for our society and supports a wide range of public and private bodies and not for profit organizations such as cooperatives, associations, social enterprises, foundations etc… We are a small dedicated team of six based actually in Naples and Rome looking for a new colleague to join us as European Project Manager, managing our projects funded by EU programs and writing new proposals for the next wave of EU funds. The role will encompass project management, new proposal writing and new business development in all the EU and national funds. You will be engaging with our international network of partners in EU and beyond, coming from social economy and social enterprise world besides wider stakeholders in policy,academia and industry. This role could involve travels across Europe and a strong involvement in our incubating and accelerating activities to support new social businesses at our co-working space in Naples.
We are looking for someone who:
- Learns and takes responsibility quickly and proactively
- Is organized and able to manage a varied workload with competing priorities and pressures
- Will take responsibility for project applications and management, including financial aspects
- Is a strong communicator verbally and in writing
- Is fluent in English and at least one other European language
- Will demonstrate social and cultural sensitivity in engaging with beneficiaries, partners and stakeholders across Europe
- Has a good understanding of EU institutions and policies
- Brings at least 2 years of experience about EU programs and project cycle management or a specific high level training in the field
- Preferably has a knowledge of and insight into civil society, social innovation, social economy or social entrepreneurship
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Support the management of a portfolio of EU-funded projects
- Develop new projects and business, mainly in the areas of enterprise creation, social enterprise and social innovation
- Contribute to the projects and business fundraising
- Develop ideas and policies about young employment, self entrepreneurship, civil society, social economy and social enterprise
- Contribute to our communications, notably website, newsletter and social media
- Refer directly to the CEO
Project Ahead is currently involved in various funded projects:
- ERASMUS FOR YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS SEED is the first pilot in EfYE program about Social enterprise and is actually among the few European projects focused on social fields. PJA is running all the exchanges from and to Campania region and is in charge of all those involved in social enterprise as the only project in the field in Italy;
- ELYSE is funded by the ERASMUS+ program and aims at creating an European network of social incubators with partners all over Europe to support the start up of social enterprise in EU;
- DIALOGUE2 is funded by the national department for Youth policies and aims at running in Naples the first Italian social incubator for multicultural businesses created by young migrants and young locals;
- CAUSE is funded by IPA program to support the start up of social cooperatives in Albania to manage assets confiscated to criminal organizations
- PORTICI CO-WORKING is funded by the local municipality and the regional government to create the first example of a co-working created by a local municipality in the region to support 10 entrepreneurial ideas proposed by young residents;
- OPEN SOURCE is a mentoring program for start-ups created by young immigrants
We are also leading the Italian social innovation network (I-SIN) and are a founding member of the Global Social Entrepreneurship Network (GSEN).
Please send your covering letter and CV in a single PDF file to Marco Traversi, CEO, at email@example.com . The deadline for applications is 30th September. Interviews with potential candidates will be held in October. We are looking for candidates to start as soon as possible after appointment.
The offices are located in Naples and Rome but the selected person will work in Naples and so candidates resident in Naples and in the surrounding area or fully available to move will be preferred. Salary, duration and job contract will be commensurate to the agreed working organization with a specific and flexible attention to the everyday needs of the selected person and to the effective job experience.